[SunRescue] Sun storage library

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 7 15:32:21 CDT 2001

[ On Monday, May 7, 2001 at 13:54:16 (-0400), nick at snowman.net wrote: ]
> Subject: [SunRescue] Sun storage library
>
> Does anyone know what this is?  It says it has an Exabyte 8505 and an
> Exabyte 210 in it.  What type of tapes, what type of scsi, what type of
> magazine?

That's exactly what it is -- i.e. an Exabyte EXB-210 library, with, if
it says so, an Exabyte 8505 drive inside (there's room for two drives).

I've got one of these in my basement doing my backups (or it does them
when Amanda works! :-), though mine has a faster Eliant 820 drive in it.

VERY nice!  A 218 is even better, of course, but you take what you can
get!  ;-)

It'll probably have a narrow single-ended SCSI interface, but you should
check to be sure as they are/were available as differential and I think
even wide SE and DIFF too.  Note that the second drive has a separate
interface connector.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>