[SunRescue] Re: OT: Advice on Certification

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon May 7 10:44:57 CDT 2001

>>-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua D. Boyd [mailto:jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu]

Depeding on the company, wearing a tie while crawling might be
appropriate.  A law office might be one place, at least historically.
Just yesterday I wore a full suit to a network support position.  It was
with an insurance company.  Boy did I feel stupid when the guy
interviewing me walked in wearing jeans and a ripped t-shirt.  I didn't
really want that job anyway.  Just went to the interview because nothing
better came along yet.  I'm not really a network guy, rather more of a
coder.<<

--
Joshua Boyd

A suit and tie is nearly always needed at the interview, IMHO.  You can take
the the tie/jacket off and *presto* you're casual.  There are always
exceptions, of course.

The exception is the job I've got now.  The ops manager said to come casual,
if I came wearing a suit I might scare some of the staff <grin>.  I wore a
'polo' golf shirt, jeans and loafers and was almost overdressed at that.

brian