[SunRescue] SOLUTION to Fujitsu problem.

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun May 6 23:21:34 CDT 2001

Well, once again, dinner at a good sushi joint (complete with liberal
applications of cold nigori sake brain lubricant) gave me time to think up
a solution.

Problem was, I was frustrated by these drives not "auto configing" during
format on an SS5/170 (I was installing OS.)

Well, I slapped the identical drive into a sun external case, and stalked
over to my SCSI-equipped G4, complete with FWB toolkit 4.5.

"Hmmm..." Said my well-lubricated brain, "The drive is a Fujitsu, but the
code sez UNISYS... Also, the drive resports 3.4G instead of 4.5.  Could it
be formatted with less than 512b per sector?"

<click> ...formatting....

Now reads 4.5G, and works like a charm in the Sun.  Once again, a Mac +
FWB has saved my day.

-Pete

-----
Peter L. Wargo