[SunRescue] "Hooking up" at TCF this weekend...

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun May 6 20:53:11 CDT 2001

> Sorry, I'm not going back today (I found the magic piece I need, a VRM for
> my new PPro system) on Ebay... Pricey, but will work out nice.

did anyone go on sunday?  just curious.  was there anything left over?  i'm
just asking, since i turned down the 50-60 mile round trip from here to Edison,
NJ and back in favor of a 500 mile round trip to Hammondsport, NY instead. :)
although it was to see my sister who lives in CA so i don't ever get to see
her, but still, it has been a hellish day.

**Shameless plug**

she works for a company called SiPix, they make this cute $99 digital camera
that with a USB cable hooked up to it can act as a webcam.  pretty interesting
idea, although its "low-res" at 640x480 even for the pics and has a built in
non-removable 8MB card in it, so it's probably not for us geeky types, but if
you got kids or something and they want a digy, it's a pretty good deal (i'm
going to get my 4 year old daughter one)

that isn't actually the shameless plug, that's the prelude, here's the plug
that you have all been waiting for:

they make this AWESOME little printer.  it's the size of two packs of smokes
side by side, it's thermal, so you gotta buy that special paper, but it can be
roll-fed or sheet-fed, and it runs on batteries.  oh, did i mention the IR port
and the PalmOS software to beam print jobs to it?  it's portable, it's of fairly
higher print quality, and if i hadn't of just gotten one as a gift from her i'd
go buy one.  very very cool.

www.sipix.com the SC-2100 is going away cause it's crappy and no-one likes it,
so there will be a replacement model available, but the Pocket Printer A6 and
the iQuest DualCam both rock.

> I will look and see if I have such a cable, if I do, I'd be happy to sell it
> to you, but I probably don't (I don't own any Sun RGB connector monitors)...

<aol>me too</aol>

i'm also looking for one, although i'm probably going to break down and pay
midrange solutions the $85 they want for one.  *sigh*

-brian