Prime Computers... (was: RE: [SunRescue] Re: OT: Advice)

Jonathan Katz rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun May 6 20:33:13 CDT 2001

Pete wrote:
> Aaaagh!  May PrimeOS *stay* dead!  (No offense, but I *hated* the Prime I
> had to use back in '86...)

In both my current and previous job I've run across a *lot* of ex-Prime
employees... and some ex-computervision guys, too... Remeber,
Computervision sold OEM Sun gear for CAD stuff and Prime wanted a piece
of that market... Prime went belly-up because they ran out of cash after
they bought Computervision (at least according to what all the old fogies
who used to work for them tell me over long, 2 martini lunches....)

I need to get dinner out of the car. Ugh! (stay tuned... story will be
on geeks@ in a bit...)

-Jon