[SunRescue] OT: Advice on Certification

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri May 4 22:18:21 CDT 2001

<Brian> Hi, my name is Brian, and I'm an . . . NT Administrator <choke>.
<Room> Hi Brian!

The company I used to work for (pre-Layoff) sent me to Solaris Admin I and
II.  I flubbed the Admin I test, then was laid off . . and found a much
better job (this one) handling a mixed network of NT and Solaris systems ..
and somehow it's most of a year later and I'll loose the voucher unless I
take the test in the next few months.

I _want_ my next job to be much more involved with 'unix' so my question is
.. how important ARE credentials to the people doing hiring for unix admins?

I'm going to take the tests (but I don't *like* tests) I'm just looking for
.. encouragement?  Someone to give me a kind word? (did I say I don't like
tests?)

Thanks in advance.

Brian
brian.dunbar at plexus.com