[SunRescue] "Hooking up" at TCF this weekend...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri May 4 16:25:44 CDT 2001

I'll be there - and I have a 2 meter HT with *poor* batteries, and a 440 MHz HT with unknown batteries.

I plan on getting to the site about 8:30 (to ensure decent parking) - unfortunatley, my tastes run towards the larger (heavier) items so a good, close parking spot is key.

I have no plan to purchase anything, but that doesn't mean something won't catch my eye ;^)

I will be the tall guy wearing a Tadpole T-Shirt, and if you want to propose a calling freq. (144 or 440 MHz) we could try and hook-up (I'd enjoy travelling the flea market with someone for a while).

I will also send you (directly, off-list) my cellphone number, so you could try and call me to arrange a meeting.

I have a pre-paid pass, so I will not be in the ticket line, I will be in the wrist-band line tomorrow morning.

Fond memory: I remember when this show used to be held at the local colleges (Trenton State and later Mercer County Community College), the MAC machines used to be completely depleted of money by noon on Saturday in a 15 or 20 mile radius!

See you there? Please, do propose a freq., as I have no idea what an appropriate one would be for a simplex conversation (I am an armchair Ham).

Ken
N2VIP at bellatlantic.net