[geeks] Re: [SunRescue] TCF?!

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu May 3 13:08:23 CDT 2001

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 12:17:38PM -0400, BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:
> Junk it.  The sofware is unobtainium, and the things are power hungry
> dinosaurs.

Depends on the model you get - my old CISC-based machine was
the size of a PC tower case.

> The cpu card looks interesting, with all its heat sinks, though, as
> a paper weight.

Again, depends on what model you get - all the semi-newer ones are
PowerPC-based (no, you cant run any other ppc OSes on them, as these
are special PPC chips with optimizations for os/400)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net