[SunRescue] OT: need MMJ cable for vaxstation

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 2 14:43:15 CDT 2001

>Properly run, a Windows box is no more crash-prone than your favorite
variant of Unix, all jokes and Microsoft bashing aside.  It takes,
perhaps, a bit more work to *get* there initially.<

I'd disagree . .  it's *easy* to get a Windows machine to be stable -
barring installation chaos they're that way out of the box (mostly) - but
it's far to easy to add junk here and gewgaws there and I'm always seduced
by the GUI into not-thinking when I go to do something.

Unix forces me to read the manual before I attempt something daring.