[SunRescue] OT: need MMJ cable for vaxstation

Devin L. Ganger rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed May 2 13:41:18 CDT 2001

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 12:41:50PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 06:35:24PM +0100, Paul Sladen wrote:

> > On Wed, 2 May 2001, Devin L. Ganger wrote:

> > > I am continually amazed at how much energy and thought he will put into
> > > screwing with things.  I finally had to strapping tape a plastic cover
> > > over the reset and power buttons on my W2K file server; it was getting
> > > rebooted about once every 4 days or so by him.

> > Well at least he was kind enough to save it from crashing by itself...

> In the Windows world, thats called "Preventive Maintenance"...

Properly run, a Windows box is no more crash-prone than your favorite
variant of Unix, all jokes and Microsoft bashing aside.  It takes,
perhaps, a bit more work to *get* there initially.

Before I moved my office around and had to down my machine, I was
working on a 210-day uptime on that 2000 fileserver.  And this is on a
machine that was basically thrown together.

--
Devin L. Ganger <devin at thecabal.org>
find / -name *base* -exec chown us:us {} \;