[SunRescue] Funkiness in Sparc serial consoles using vt100

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue May 1 21:16:52 CDT 2001

i'm too lazy to quote, so cope. :)

first off, nice to see ya again NetBSD Bob, although i like what your name
shows up as now, very nice. :)

i don't have any technical sort of data (but when do i??) but i have had
absolutely no troubles at all what-so-ever using a VT520 on my Classic X which
runs NetBSD.  i tried vt100 emulation and it was a flaming piece of dreck and
never worked right.  i got over that real quick and put it in VT520 mode and it
has worked like a charm.  try putting the vt420 in vt420 mode and make tha
machine cope.  i know there is a vt420 in the termcap file (or whatever it's
called these days, my brain is ready to fall out, aaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!)

i'm going to bed now, putting those words together was far too difficult.

-brian
--
put witty .sig here