[SunRescue] Sighting, a breeding pair of SparCServer 1000e's

Christopher Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 9 02:19:14 CST 2001

I was having a meeting in an unnocupied office at work today, when the
property management people borught in four very interesting beigeish boxes,
two SparcSrever 1000e's and two 20d10 monitors.

Needless to say my immediate response was "Cool, what're these doing here".
It turns out that one of the people responsible for our documentation
control system is rather unhappy with having the corporate IS dapartment
manage the doc control servers (thus forcing the use of Win NT) so she's
going to set up a solaris/netscape/oracle system using the two SparcServers.
And of course knowing that I am a solarisy kind of guy sh has asked for my
assistance.

Any caveats about dealing with this particular beastie?

Chris Byrne