[rescue] RE: VSIMMs in SS/20 ("one VSIMM good, two VSIMMs better" - sorry George Orwell)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 29 21:51:08 CDT 2001

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> are you talking about the SBus presto, or do they make one that uses the SX
> slot?  that would be cool.  and if so, where do i find one and what sizes do
> they come in?  i'd rather have that than a second 24-bit display.  especially
> since my home is NFS mounted.

FYI, MemoryX has a great deal on SS10/SS20 presto NVSIMMs:

http://www.memoryx.net/5012001.html

At $21/ea the speed boost is well worth it.  They also have 1MB (not 8MB,
as indicated) SC2000 presto SIMMs for $8/ea.

Using NFSv3 at both ends obviates some of the need for presto, but it will
still make a noticable difference in I/O latency.

-James