[rescue] Netapp

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 16:08:58 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 02:58:21PM -0600, Stephen Dowdy wrote:
> > I user/hobbyist license would be ideal- whether it's worth it or not for
> > NetApp is perhaps debatable. I doubt that there are that many surplused
> > boxes out there that they would care. Would be nice, though.
> I seriously doubt NetApp would have *any* interest in this.  They've been
> *MIGHTY* good to us as a edu/research institute, but i doubt the suits
> would see any benefit in a hobbyist deal.

I asked on the toasters mailing list, and got a couple of emails from
internal Netapp employees.  "Since you're just going to be using this
at home, and there's no chance of a "lost sale" for us, here's a
NFS enabler code.."  2-3 people off the list also sent me a code - but
IT WAS ALL THE SAME CODE.. hehehehe. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net