[rescue] Re:EMACS

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 11:21:52 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 09:04:42AM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> I wonder if there was be room for a linux distribution that used the
> FreeBSD ports system to manage packages...

do it.  maybe we can work together, i'll do solaris you do linux.  it's an ass
stomping "package" system, and everyone should use it. :)

> Anyway, FreeBSD isn't on the list of things I plan to try soon.  It is to
> Intel only, and I don't really need another Intel OS, especially not one
> that is going to have worse hardware support than linux.

wouldn't know, haven't used it in years.  i never had an hardware support issues
but then i don't own every freaky piece of hardware known to man.  plus, i
always speced out machines according to what FreeBSD supported.  if you're
gonna do something, do it right. :)

for the many years that i did run FreeBSD it totally stomped, and it NEVER
gave me any trouble.  it's a top-nothc x86 OS.

-brian