[rescue] Monty Python - Cheques

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 01:58:39 CDT 2001

James Sharp <jsharp at psychoses.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, G W Adkins wrote:
> >
> > > Who's idea was it top let the clueless masses onto the net in the first
> > > place?  90% of it can be blamed on one or two organizations...
> >
> > Personally, I blame AOL and the NCSA.
>
> its a two edged sword, though.  How many of us wouldn't have had jobs at
> one time or another if it hadn't been for the clueless masses wanting to
> be on the internet?
>
> How many of us paid rent admining webservers, punching down PRI circuits
> for dial in, or the like?

Of course, there are still non-inertnetty jobs around, and without all the
hype surrounding it, perhaps companies would be more inclined to invest
in other areas of IT.  I don't think it would have made a great deal of
difference to me.

--
David Cantrell | david at cantrell.org.uk | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

      Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
      but that's no reason not to give it            -- Agatha Christie