[rescue] Re:EMACS

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 01:06:39 CDT 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Sebastian Marius Kirsch wrote:

> Debian uses a SysV style init. In fact, I am not aware at the moment of
> a distribution that still uses a BSD style init.

Slackware proponents call what Slack has a "BSD style init".

Most of the folks who say that wouldn't recognize a BSD init if it smacked
them in the face ;). It is in fact nothing at all like it, it just isn't
SysV-ish, and sucks more than SysVinit to boot.

The current NetBSD rc.conf/rc.d layout effectively combines the good
things about both init styles, with none of the things sysadmins hate
about SysV. IMO.

Dan
--
Dan Debertin