[rescue] Re:EMACS

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 23:06:54 CDT 2001

Well, first, so far I haven't met a package management system that I could
get along with.

The big pain was when I wanted to update a piece of software that was yet
available as a deb.  It just freaked out at my uninstalling GTK so that I
could source install a newer version.

Then, it would start to install some packages and constantly fail (this
was even before I started doing source installs on the machine).  And I
just always give me a hard time (by recommending I uninstall it every
single time) over what it thinks are obsolete packages, even though half
the time there isn't a replacement yet available (like Squeak's packages
for instance).

--
Joshua Boyd