[rescue] Re:EMACS

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 20:31:48 CDT 2001

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Well, like was very correctly described before, that's a real
> finger-twister.  (And for someone who uses ctrl-alt-meta-compose-foo in
> emacs all day to say that, you've really got to believe it's true!  ;-)

How so?  I want to grab 5 lines, I type:
"a5Y

I don't have to hold multiple keys at once... maybe I'm just used
to it, but I don't see that as finger-twisting.

> Even worse if you've got anywhere close to 20 or more of them in use at
> a time it becomes nearly impossible to remember what's in them, and
> without defining a macro it's very painful to flip through them until
> you find the right one.

True, but then I've never had a time when I've needed more than 1 or 2
cut buffers...

[infinte undo trick deleted]

Now I did NOT know this one...

--Kurt