[rescue] Re:EMACS

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 19:26:35 CDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 03:02:22PM -0400, James Fogg wrote:
> > Had you been using Debian/GNU/Linux (www.debian.org) you could have typed:
> I just can't get used to BSD derivatives. I'm a sysV kinda guy.

Labeling Linux as a BSD derivative is ... *strange*.  Linux is the happy
bastard that doesn't fit anywhere -- and it seems that some Linux
developers actually take pride in the fact that their programs run
nowhere else.

OK, so perhaps today you have to put up with me -- I spent a couple of
hours trying to compile H. Peter Anvin's derivative of the OpenBSD tftp
daemon under Solaris. (And that one was the most promising of the three
tftp daemons I tried -- the others were even more riddled with Linuxisms
and GNUisms.)

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and
cats.                                                -- Albert Schweitzer