[rescue] Re:EMACS

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 13:19:42 CDT 2001

[ On Wednesday, June 27, 2001 at 10:01:40 (-0400), G W Adkins wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Re:EMACS
>
> Agreed, it's got all those bloated, Word-Perfecty options which appeal to
> the "I don't care, I just want it to do what I want it to do" crowd.  The
> same crowd who likes Orifice 2000...

Ah, um, I don't really know where to start!  You obviously need some
serious educatin'!!!!

The imporant thing about emacs is that the options really are OPTIONAL!

The basic emacs, with full X11 support, networking support, etc., is
only just over four times as much code (on i386) as that stupid little
'vi' thing.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>