[rescue] Re: SGI

Robert Rose rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 27 03:09:43 CDT 2001

 >Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:43:28 -0400 (EDT)
 >From: "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu>
 >Well, originally, the O2 came with a nice video module. That later
 >became an option though, so if it is a really old O2, then it probably has
 >video, if it is fairly new, probably no go.
 >However, the video modules are fairly cheap on ebay.
Well given it's a R5000-180 I'm guessing it's going to be quite old.  Maybe
I'll be lucky???

 >> > Yes. I'd pay that for an O2 in a heartbeat.
 >> Then of course I'd have to justify it to the wife, the Ultra 2 was a tough
 >> sell and it's not even in the country yet.

Well, the wife has agreed we can drive to Melbourne (400+ miles each way)
next week and "have a look" provided she can get some shopping done while
we're there.  I've told the seller I definately want it, I just have to
convince her now.

She's never seen an O2 in the flesh (plastic?) but I'm hopeful she'll be
keen when she sees how sweet the O2 case looks.  She likes the colour of
the Indy but that's about the extent of her interest in it.  My only
problem will be if she adopts it like she did the libretto.  (see bill, I
can say these things because she doesn't read this list!).

 >you absolutely need at least 192
 >megs of ram. With 64megs, you will think that a Sparc 4 is a faster
 >machine.
Hmm... don't 'spose anyone's got a lead on some cheap O2 memory???

Rob.