Moving to Ireland was Re: [rescue] Monty Python - Cheques

William Staniewicz rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 26 19:17:15 CDT 2001

Chris,

I hope things go easier for you as you begin living in Ireland.
Just over a year ago I began the process of relocating which
involved selling a home, moving stuff into storage, moving
stuff out of storage, parting with my "wheels" (Grand Marquis),
and learning how to "think" European... or rather "Dutch".
It took several trips back and forth but I am through the
worst part I think. I just enjoyed a great afternoon on the
beach today feel energized for the next couple cooler, rainy
days.

Here is the Netherlands I am getting ADSL service connected
this Friday. I am fortunate that Holland is very good about keeping
up with the technologies and in several cases establishing
it's own mark in the field.

The only accent problem is my "Boston" accent.. but most
are amused by it. Also, most Dutch people speak better
english than Americans. I think it is my reponsibility to learn
Nederlands though which is slowly evolving.

Have fun!

Bill