[rescue] The end of alpha

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 26 14:11:49 CDT 2001

[ On Tuesday, June 26, 2001 at 09:06:52 (+0200), =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn?= Ramqvist wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] The end of alpha
>
> Somehow, I'm not surprised. Pissed and disappointed, but not surprised.

Of course not.  The very same thing almost happened before Compaq bought
DEC.  Only that time someone wasn't sure they got their money's worth (I
don't remember which), there was some other intellectual property
dispute, and in the end all Intel got was a part of the pie.  Now
they've squashed the rest so nobody will want to eat it any more.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>