[rescue] I'm one happy geek

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 26 10:56:31 CDT 2001

>One important characteristic of USB is -- while it is *damn* slow --
>that it's possible to reserve a portion of the bandwidth for one device,

Good point.

The USB connector also provides power for some devices--handy.

What's the min size of an ethernet frame?  63 bytes?  That's a lot of
overhead for a single keystroke or mouse press.

Every ethernet nic and reference design I've ever seen has some form of
isolation on the signal lines--USB doesn't.  If you're doing $5 mice and
keys, every penny counts, and ditching magentics will help the bottom line.

newell