[rescue] I'm one happy geek

Chris Terwilliger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 26 07:29:17 CDT 2001

> Which makes me wonder now - why wasn't Ethernet (or ARCnet) adopted for
the
> horde of peripherals littering my desk?  Ethernet NICs are cheap, and
> imbedded into Mice/Scanners/Etc. could have been cheaper yet . .

To drive this point home, take a look at the TINI board from Dallas
Semiconductors.  This is a complete Java system with cpu, 1MB RAM, 512K
Flash, 2 serial ports, RTC, one-wire interface, parallel port, AND ETHERNET,
all on a singe 72pin simm card for $50...

I have been doing some work with these, they are great and have real
potential for embedded solutions.

This illustrates that any device can easily and cheaply have ethernet
capablilities...

http://www.ibutton.com/TINI/index.html

/// Chris Terwilliger
/// chris at searat.com