[rescue] another flameware

Michael S. Schiller rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 23:30:24 CDT 2001

Does anyone know for sure, are the Compaq UPSes just relabeled APC's or
are they actually different? I have a Compaq T2400 powering my SC2000,
and was wondering if I could use APC's software to monitor it? If not,
does anyone know of good software to monitor it?

-Mike

Bill Bradford wrote:

> Okay.  UPSes.
>
> I've always been partial to APC, but have been looking at the
> newer Tripp-Lite stuff (under 500 watts, this is for individual
> machines and such).  Opinions?  I saw an APC Matrix *survive* an
> arcing/shorting transformer on the pole outside once, it just
> made *WONK* sounds every time a surge hit.. but all the equipment
> survived. 8-)
>
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Bradford
> mrbill at mrbill.net
> Austin, TX

*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *