Speaking of Apple ][ software (was: Re: [rescue] Another fine business decision for us axp-lovers)

Matthew Haas rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 19:47:33 CDT 2001

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> software runs, even if it might have occasional snags.  On the otherhand,
> You can't really run 19 year old Apple programs (unless Apple2 emulators
> got a lot better recently), nor can you run 19year old SUN programs.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know of any places where one can find
Apple ][ era software? I've actually been trying to rescue an Apple //e
for a former teacher of mine, who *WANTS* to put it to good use.

What I need is a copy of ACEWriter (I've been told Franklin had some
strong influence in this, also from their actual hardware Franklin ACE).
I believe the copy I'm working with is suffering from magnetic degredation
due to age.