[rescue] Re: SGI and Intel (was: Another fine business decision for us axp-lovers)

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 19:20:59 CDT 2001

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 nick at snowman.net wrote:

> SGI is very very serious about getting linux running on very large intel
> boxes.
> 	Nick

I have a quad-486 machine that's about the size of a Sun E250. It is a bit
lighter (I can't imagine carrying an E250 up the stairs to my apartment,
but I survived this box's transportation). Dead power supply or I'd try to
get something running on it. Think they'd be interested?

Alternately, anybody got a Delta power supply for a AcerFrame 1000 server
that they'd part with cheap or for trade? :)

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows