[rescue] Another fine business decision for us axp-lovers

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 16:37:10 CDT 2001

I believe that Intel uses 80bits internally to prevent rounding errors,
but only presents a 64 interface.  I think.  I don't really know or care
that much.  I can't stand Intel assembly and try hard to ignore it.  Part
of the reason I have a small collection of risc machines (a non
functioning r3k, a PA Risc, and 3 Sparcs), and a 68020 machine.

If they really are 80bit viewable to the program, then MS is being really
stupid if they don't support it.  That would be a significant edge to use
against other competitor for users who do scientific computing.

--
Joshua Boyd