[rescue] Alpha...

Chris Petersen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 15:52:17 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 02:40:23PM -0500, Amy wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >   They're worth whatever work they do for you.  And if you're in
> > business with them, they're worth whatever money you make with them.
> >
> >   There's more to computing than the resale value of our machines,
> > people.
> >

> *tries to inject some levity into the conversation*
>
> yes. there's that blinky factor...
>
> --a

Ooooo, has anybody mentioned blue LEDs yet this thread???  :)

And my AlphaServer 1000A has this neat LCD that I can change the text on
from the prom/OS...

You know your hardware stash has gotten a bit large when the powered-on
computer room has more blinkenlights than the Christmas tree...(An
observation I made one year, unfortunately no longer totally true).

Chris

--
Chris Petersen
Systems Engineer, Industry Services, Unigraphics Solutions Inc.
Email: havoc at apk.net