[rescue] Alpha...

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 14:33:43 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 01:26:57PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:

> When I read the news, it read to me like Itanium needed some Alpha-like
elements to go, and rather than license the technology, the bought the
business from DEC (opps, Compaq)... >

> Intel has a long history of getting caught using technology suprisingly
like others patented technology, IIRC... > > Ken

Not only that, but Intel's PDA chips are StrongArm based - which also have a
DEC background to them...

How long before Solaris/Itanium?  What would that be?  Sintel?

./patrick