[rescue] Another fine business decision for us axp-lovers

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 13:44:40 CDT 2001

But, there were also a lot of programs that used MGA and CGA/EGA/VGA, all
of which are handled by DOSEMU and in theory most modern video cards.
Further, there used to be TSRs to slow a machine down (used to use them on
my 386 to play XT games), and I believe that DOSEMU also has that
functionality, although I've never tested it.

DOSEMU also handles alot/most of the hardware calls (at least is does on
the 32bit I have that used direct hardware calls).

Besides, unlike an IBM, who would want to run such old software for the
most part.  I just was commenting that in practice a lot of that old
software runs, even if it might have occasional snags.  On the otherhand,
You can't really run 19 year old Apple programs (unless Apple2 emulators
got a lot better recently), nor can you run 19year old SUN programs.

--
Joshua Boyd