[rescue] geeky toys

Joshua D. Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 25 10:43:35 CDT 2001

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, James Fogg wrote:
> Leslie Tremelo (real rotating speaker model, not electronic warble - Now I
> can learn guitar and sound like Bo Didley!)

Back when I still played keyboards, I dreamed of owning a B3 with one of
those.  The closest electronic equivelant that I ever found was the
Ensoniq TS-12.  This keyboard lets me convincingly control the speaker
speed from one of the expression wheels, which I found to be a great
expresive effect when playing rock stuff.

I had a week long gig where my setup was a borrowed TS-12 and a borrow
Korg O1W.  I used the Korg for pads and synth stuff (which is to say I
didn't use it much), and the TS-12 for organ, piano, and rhode.

But then, my keyboard broke, and it was cheaper to buy a new guitar rig
than it was to get a new keyboard, so I switched to being mainly a
guitar guy.

I do wish that I could afford a new keyboard, but it is still hard to get
anything decent for under $500.

--
Joshua Boyd