[rescue] I'm one happy geek

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jun 24 22:33:49 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 09:19:38PM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> Brand new USB scanners are pretty cheap (>$100).  If that is too expensive

i've got no USB here.  let me look around real quick.  what's newer? a sparc20
or a DEC 3000 alpha box?  whichever is newer is the newest box i have. :)

i predate USB by SEVERAL years.  the newest machine in this room (newest meaning
most recent in this case) is a PDP-11/23+ so you can see how i feel about USB,
i don't even have IDE capability.  i'm an all SCSI/DSSI/MFM/ESDI shop here. ;)

> for you, or you want a better scanner, good scsi scanners can be had for
> decent prices on ebay.

yeah, if my dad doesn't have his scanner anymore that's where i'll go, maybe.
considering the amount of documentation i'm now in possesion of i just may take
Bill up on his offer. :)

> In my experience, parallel should be avoided at all costs.

i've got a printer that hooks up to that gunk.  it's still in the box. i got
it, uhm, 8 months ago? :)

-brian (looking around realizes there is NO x86 ever since laptop go boom)