[rescue] What would you do?

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jun 24 00:51:11 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 12:36:35AM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 11:29:24PM -0500, Chad A. Chance wrote:
> > Actully, the job market is crap right now, and the cost of living has gone
> > up a lot in the last few years.
>
> just got laid off from the only other place that could possibly hire me.  now
> i'm 2 for 2.  now there is nowhere to work in this 2-bit town (Allentown, PA)
> tried fast.net, but i'm not sure i could work there without killing anyone,
> they all see to be lacking in the clue department.  luckily they didn't want
> an arrogant BOFH like me. :)
>
> > The last apartment I was in was $465, NO bills paid and that was 2 years
>
> $850/month, nothing paid.

get the h*ll out of Allentown :-)

Here in Mount Joy PA - Lancaster Co. area, definitely "hick" but little/no
crime and I pay $530/month for 2BR 1 Bath townhouse.  I do all my work
remotely or have local clients, so location is not a problem.

If you are a Unix guru w/ a little bit of graphics knowledge, check out the
various large printing companies in Lancaster Co.  A lot of them don't
really have people with a clue...

./patrick