[rescue] What would you do?

Chad A. Chance rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jun 23 23:05:27 CDT 2001

I just got let go from a company that shut down operations in my city, I am
due to get a fat severance package plus I have a good job lined up.

The question is, what should I do with this fat check that I will be getting
in a matter of weeks?
Get a new SunBlade 100 with all the goodies? Or...
Get a nice used Ultra 30 or something with all the goodies?

It's really a toss up for me, what makes it even worse, is the fact that I
could get the educational discount on the Sun Blade 'cuz I just happen to
know the head of the EE/CS department at a local university. With that
discount I could get a fully loaded Sunblade with SunPCI, 21' monitor, scsi
& extra memory for less than $2000.

So, what woud you do?

Chad