[rescue] RE: VSIMMs in SS/20 ("one VSIMM good, two VSIMMs better" - sorry George Orwell)

James Lockwood rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 22 06:27:04 CDT 2001

If anyone has tried to send mail to me in the past few days and it failed,
please resend.  Network Solutions and I got into a vigorous discussion
about where DNS for my domain should point to, I am moving away from them
ASAP.

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Prestoserve is a add-on to speed up some file operations, support is
> tricky under more recent releases of Solaris (7 or 8)...

What do you mean by "tricky"?  I ran 2 2MB NVSIMMs (not even a supported
configuration) in my SS20/812 for over a year with Solaris 8.  I installed
the latest presto patches as a matter of course and never had trouble.

-James