[rescue] Re: Rack units (was Re: spousal units)

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 16:52:58 CDT 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> > As an aside of sorts, there are some ubersexy IBM black RS6000 racks at
>
> I'm looking for a "short rack" - basically under 4' tall, but otherwise
> same as a cabinet.  Dont need front/back doors.  I'd like to have
> something I can put my switch and other network equipment in, put my
> PC on the top, and get rid of the ugly tuffy plastic shelves I'm
> using now.  Caster wheels on the bottom would be nice too.

Call Halted Supply in Santa Clara (www.halted.com, 408-732-1573) and ask
if they still have any of their short racks available to ship. They had
some that were something in the 18-22U with sides but no front or back
doors, I think they were around $100. Nice black color, from a telco
application of some sort.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows