[rescue] 670MP windfall in the surplus diving frenzy today.....

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 11:42:51 CDT 2001

> > of course, neither of us lived up to this as there's stuff everywhere and
> > no clean clothes. :)
>
> Actually we *do* have clean clothes... I just do my own laundry a lot. 8-)
>
> Bill

My, how topics wander.... but.....(:+}}...

In my situation I traded similarly, and do the laundry... but, the
laundry room is 12x16, air conditioned, panelled, and generally a pretty
nice place to play in, and I had it specially plumbed with lots of
extra electricalwidigets including 220V, and the washer/drier takes
up a tiny portion of the ``hamshack/computercenter'' getting lost
among the VAXentoyz, WWII radiostuff, etc.  In the end, it was a
worthwhile trade, for the space, and the place to go.  At one time,
I had it spilled over into the rest of the basement, with 30 servers
and workstations all netted up (only ran about a dozen at a time, tho).
Alas, when the kids moved back in (for school economy), everything
folded back into the laundry room ``center''.  Now it looks a bit
like a submarine sardine tin.  But, in winter, all I have to do is
fire up a sever or two or light off some tube filaments and it is
never chilly.  And, I know at least my laundry gets done....(:+}}...

Bob