[rescue] spousal units

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 09:58:18 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 10:41:34AM -0400, Brian Harrington wrote:
> My wife actually told me that she had an epiphany one day, when she
> saw/read something about classic car collectors, and she decided that maybe
> what I do isn't so bad after all. Of course the little VAXcluster in the
> dining room is still a source of some contention. :-)

I think the best moment at our household was when I had the 4/690MP
(full datacenter chassis/rack) delivered via freight.

Amy calls me at work.  "I think you better come home for lunch."

I get home.

She's out in the garage, staring at it like the monolith from 2001.

"You told me it was the size of a fridge.. I thought you meant DORM FRIDGE."

The best part about that box (which sadly, came with no CPU boards, etc)
was actually DISMANTLING it - taking everything out of the rack, getting
a replacement caster wheel, etc.  I wish I hadnt sold the chassis/rack.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net