[rescue] WTB: SGI

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 20 21:26:29 CDT 2001

On June 20, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> how about VME FDDI cards?  i've got those two 4d boxen with those single VME
> slots, just begging to have an FDDI card put in each.  SAS is fine, since i
> have a hub.  so what is supported by IRIX (both 5 and 4) that i can use in
> these things and maybe get for cheap/free??

  The board you're looking for is an Interphase 4211.  They're around;
not for free, though.  They go for pretty decent bucks on eBay and
from resellers.  It's a 6U card so it'll plug right in.  It should be
supported by the standard IRIX FDDI drivers in 6.5.11; I don't know
about 5 or 4.  These boards also work in Challenge/Onyx systems when
mounted in a 6U-9U adapter frame.

  I have a couple of them here (brand new in fact) if you want to talk
deal.  Got any pdp8/pdp11 stuff to swap, or any SGI Challenge/Onyx
CPUs?

           -Dave McGuire