[rescue] WTB: SGI

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 20 21:05:11 CDT 2001

On June 20, Mike Meredith wrote:
> > If you're lucky you can get 100mpbs networking with a 'Phobos' card,
> > a 3Com Fast Etherlink EISA with special PROMs (although a bit
>
> If you're even luckier you'll find the recipe that makes the Phobos
> driver work with a standard 3com (but I've only ever heard rumours of
> this).

  Or, if you actually demand 100MBPS from your 100MBPS networking
technology, you can get GIO64 FDDI interfaces for Indigo2s pretty
cheap these days.  Grey Douglas' outfit (http://www.reputable.com) has
them for really nice prices.

  About the Phobos cards...is the only difference the PROMs?  If so,
why don't we get some and dupe 'em?

           -Dave McGuire