[rescue] Re: 670MP windfall in the surplus diving frenzy today.....

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 20 17:50:27 CDT 2001

[ On Wednesday, June 20, 2001 at 17:41:57 (-0400), Joshua D. Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Re: 670MP windfall in the surplus diving frenzy today.....
>
> On the other hand, NetBSD does have some SMP support, and they desperately
> need volunteers to help with it...

Actually the other day on <port-sparc at netbsd.org> it was said by matthew
green <mrg at eterna.com.au>:

 the work for sparc SMP is still in-progress.  currently non-primary
 cpus cause mbus module errors when they attempt to run processes,
 but there are still a few low level things to be cleaned up before
 this could be expected to begin to work.

 so, no expected dates for completion -- just "when we get there" :-)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>