[rescue] 670MP windfall in the surplus diving frenzy today.....

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 20 17:40:37 CDT 2001

[ On Wednesday, June 20, 2001 at 17:12:45 (-0400), Joshua D. Boyd wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] 670MP windfall in the surplus diving frenzy today.....
>
> I didn't know that NetBSD did multi head stuff.

NetBSD can do anything the X11 server can do.  If you've got support in
your X11 server for multi-headed operation, then it'll work.
Multi-headed operation is rarely something of any concern to the O/S
itself directly (provided that the display device driver(s) will handle
multiple frame buffer cards or whatever).

NetBSD's Xsun (from the NetBSD xsrc tree) seems to have multi-headed
support.

>From Xsun(1) on NetBSD-current:

       -zaphod This  option disables switching between screens by
               sliding the mouse off the  left  or  right  edges.
               With this disabled, a window manager function must
               be used to switch between screens.

[[ BTW, could everyone please Please PLEASE follow Bill's request and
TRIM THE DAMN EXTRA TEXT FROM QUOTED MESSAGES!!!!!  Thank you! ]]

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>