[rescue] old crufty hardware...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jun 20 09:27:31 CDT 2001

Heh - I was poking arond in my basement, and came across an old 386dx40 I
threw FreeBSD on, only to see if it would work. The install was done over a
14.4K modem dial-up, all I had to do was boot off of one floppy, then answer
some questions, give it my PPP dialup number/userid/passwd, and then next
day (12+ hours later), FreeBSD was installed.

That was Sept. 1997.

Yesh! I haven't powered it up since Dec. 1997 - whopping 540 Meg HD, 16 Meg
RAM, and a 14" monitor... I can't decide what to do with it... ;^)

Ken