[rescue] RE: Small schools...

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Jun 19 06:38:27 CDT 2001

Well, when the drinking age is 21, and the average student enters school
when they are 18, that they allowed any acohol on campus was very, um,
permissive. More permissive than my parents would have been at the time. You
know, the law, liability, etc. At the same time I "suffered" under this
treatment, "frat bots" were drinking themselves into stupors that caused
them to think that they could jump off a third-story balcony and not get
hurt (they were) and some "party girls" to drink themselves into comas from
alcohol poisoning.

Do you really need more than six beers in your dorm fridge at any one time?

Do you really need a well-stocked bar in your dorm room?

I thought you were there to study...

This was really a policy that was only actively enforced when there were
other problems - the campus security didn't do suprise inspections...

I really didn't mind at all, few else did at the time (1985 era).

Ken