[rescue] HD recommendations

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 18 15:10:07 CDT 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I'm going to be upgrading the HD (currently one 4G and one 9G) to
> one large (20 or 40gig) in ohno (aka sunhelp.org) soon.  I need
> opinions - I'm leaning towards the IBM stuff (IDE of course).
>
> Suggestions?  Cheap places to find them? (other than pricewatch)

I've had good experiences with pricegrabber.com (similar to pricewatch,
but better track of stock and they give you "bottomline" price estimates
including shipping and tax).

Just bought an IBM laptop drive (20gb) from Synapsis in Vancouver BC
(personal friend who happens to be a PC reseller) and even with
international priority overnight saturday-delivery shipping (yeah, I felt
impatient; atill waiting for the 512MB memory upgrade for my laptop from
Crucial) he still had the best price. You can email him at
sales at synapsis.ca and tell him I sent you (I don't get a commission or
anything, just a frequently satisfied customer and friend). The Canadian
exchange rate is great, and hard drive imports from Canada should still be
duty free.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows