[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

James Sharp rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 15:26:30 CDT 2001

> > I have a MIPS R5900 machine for playing games.
>
> So how is it?  I'm still back on a r3k.  Thinking of upgrading to a SH-3
> (or was it 4?), but I don't really know of any good places to buy games
> (at low prices) for that.  Some people still swear by the r4.3k
> platofrm though. R5.9k is definately out of price range.

I've been quite impressed with it.  There's lots of power under the hood
of that little blue box.  A nice zippy DVD/CDROM drive so nothing takes
forever to load....USB, Firewire, Dolby Surround & DTS sound out on a TOS
link digital cable, S-Video out.

If I could find someone who has the linux boot CD for it, I'd hang a USB
ethernet adapter off of it & run stuff on it via NFS.