[rescue] howto make multiple main boards work on a Sun Sparc 670/MP

Rob rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 14:45:32 CDT 2001

In message <15146.22051.714886.248375 at phaduka.neurotica.com>, Dave McGuire writ
es:
>On June 15, Rob wrote:
>> I'm sure we could work something out... I have to warn you though that a lot
>
>> of their stuff is rip off... it's more that they screw up/apathy takes over
>> every once in a while, and then you can get the good deals.  Right now they'
>re
>> selling ram-less (I think) sparc4's for $100 or so... when you can get a
>> decent PC for about the same price these days.  If anyone is looking for
>
>  ...but who in their right mind would choose the PC?

Frankly, for a single user desktop workstation machine, a <$1000 pc new beats
the pants off of anything else you can buy.  Besides, it completely depends
what you want to do with it.  Not everyone spends their time recompiling
kernels.  If for some reason, you want to do some like ... <gasp>... play
video games, then a nice Alpha doesn't do you much good :)

- Rob
.